The Hamster cage is the house of your hamster, and everyone chooses their cage differently.
There are many types of cages that have good ventilation, they should be easy to clean and should be comfortable for your hamster. It should also ensure that the dwarf hamster remains safe in its cage and doesn’t go outside. There are lots of hamster cages for sale. If you are going to buy a new hamster cage for your dwarf hamster or if you already have one and wanting to upgrade to a better version – this article will help you in finding the right one.
Wire top hamster cages
Their bottom is made up of plastic and top is wire based. These come in sizes of 12 mm (0.5 inches) and 8 mm (0.3 inches) which represent the distance between each bar. As mentioned above, the smallest size is around 0.3 inches which ensure that the hamster will remain in his cage. It is the best suitable option for you. When buying a wire top hamster, you must also ensure that the cage is properly made, and none of the wires are in such a shape that they could be hard your hamster.
Advantages of buying wire top hamster cages
- They provide easy ventilation for your hamster to breathe.
- Cleaning of wire top hamster cages is quite easy.
- They come with a lot of accessories like wheel and water bottle.
- You can easily access your hamster in these cages.
Disadvantages of buying wire top hamster cages
- In these cages, hamsters usually tend to throw out the bedding from the cage.
- It can produce some sound when opening or locking the door.
- The hamster may like to chew the bars.
Glass tanks cage for hamsters
These are aquariums converted into a glass tank cage for hamsters. Many of them come with ventilations, and some don’t. Various sizes of these tanks are available in the market. You can get them in both with covers and without covers.
Advantages of glass tanks
- Hamster is firmly sealed inside the tank.
- Hamsters could not eat or chew because there are no bars.
- You can easily see the hamster.
- They provide stress-free access to your hamster.
Disadvantages of glass tanks
- These cages can be excessively heavy.
- Cleaning them is hard.
Plastic cages for hamsters
These plastic cages come with attachments and tubes. They also can be easily expanded.
Advantages of Plastic Cages
- As said before, these are very expendable.
- All cages contain accessories like wheel and water bottle.
- They have a thick layer of bedding.
Disadvantages of Plastic Cages
- The ventilation system is not that good.
- Just like water tank cages, these are hard to clean.
- Chewing of bars by hamster is also a problem in these.
Self-build (DIY) hamster cages
There are various tutorials available on the Internet for creating your hamster cage. You can also buy it from other persons who have created them. These come in various shapes and sizes. Although these are not very professionally made but can help you in providing extra choices. It is not easy to write advantages and disadvantages of these cages. If you want to buy them, you can search the web for self-build (DIY) hamster cages. If you take time in finding the right cage for your hamster, the hamster will forever remain happy. However, if you buy some cage in a hurry, it could cost you your hamster. Buying a good hamster cage is a must. If you read this guide properly, you will be able to make the right decision. Whether you buy a glass tank, a plastic cage, a self-build or a wire top cage, make sure that you are buying from an accredited Seller.
Happy hunting for hamster cages!